Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Chosen By Ted Dekker







From The Back Of The Book: The Horde have pummeled the Forest Guard, forcing Thomas Hunter to lower the recruitment age from eighteen to sixteen. From among the land's greatest warriors he chooses four of them to lead. But their mission takes a drastic turn for the worse when they are given a new task: To find the seven original Books of History before the Dark One can. So begins The Lost Books series consisting of Chosen, Infidel, Renegade and Chaos. If you're new to Dekker, this is the perfect place to begin. If you know the Circle Trilogy, four words: Hunter, Roush, Teeleh, Elyon. Dive Deep.

My Thoughts: I think this book has a ton of similarities toward the Bible and God and how He fights for us. Ted Dekker is a phenomenal writer.

At first I didn't think I'd like the book because I didn't really understand it (I hadn't read any of his other books before). Now, I'm blown away by how much I loved this story! I can't wait to get the rest of the series--I have to find out what happens.

The fact that Ted Dekker paints God in his books but yet it's hidden really appeals to me. I've never read a book like this before, and it's just amazing how he is able to communicate about God the way Mr. Dekker does it.

I wish he would keep writing more to this series, because his book is just amazing, and this is #3 on my list of favorite books. I wish every teen would go out and buy "Chosen" and read it. People who are especially strong in their faith will love this story.

Till then, hold my place for me!

KT

No comments: