Friday, February 1, 2008

The Truth About Guys by Chad Eastham

Photobucket


The Back of the Book:

Okay, it's a fact. God made guys and girls different in more ways than just the physical. But how different could we really be? After all, we are all made in His image, right? Well, yes, but . . . Let's just say that guys and girls view the world in such different ways, that it's a miracle we communicate at all. What's worse is girls this age often think they know what makes guys tick and . . . that couldn't be more wrong!

Chad Eastham tells it like it is . . . to girls . . . from a guy's perspective. His stage presentation transfers beautifully into this book, putting the facts in black and white for girls to see. You think that short skirt says to guys, "I'm a fashion billboard!" Think again. Chad tells girls how guys see such fashion statements as advertising something completely different than a hip dresser. Chad wrings out every ounce of experience from his colorful life and uses it to help teens make informed choices.


My Thoughts: I think this book is amazing because, before I read it, I had no clue about a relationship I was in at the time. When I started reading this and heard Chad speak at Revolve, I realized I was doing everything wrong.

Afterward, I started to use what I was reading in my relationship. Although the relationship didn't work out (because of other things), it did help me realize what I wanted a guy to think about me. Not what my friends wanted, or what I thought the guy might want. But what I wanted.

So, now I make sure guys perceive that I'm a nice person, that I want to be friends first, and that I'm not the kind of girl that does "things", ya know?

Every girl should read Chad's book because he has been through so much; more than I or any other person can realize. But he has the courage to write a book like this for teen girls to help them avoid certain situations he knows a lot about.

I think every girl should buy this book. If you're in a relationship and it isn't going right, this book will help you and everyone else you know figure things out God's way.

Till then, hold my place for me,

KT

No comments: