Thursday, January 31, 2008

Can You Handle The Truth by Phil Chalmers

Photobucket


The Back of the Book:

Suicide. Rape. Sex. Drugs and alcohol. Abortion. These are just a few of the tough topics popular youth speaker and author Phil Chalmers confronts head-on in this powerful new devotional Can You Handle the Truth? Just for teens, this issues-based devotional delivers big impact with an in-your-face, tell-it-like-it-is style that will capture (and keep) teens' attention. Skipping the ""thou shalt nots,"" Chalmers gets down to the nitty-gritty with 50 readings from real life-with bonus ""How Does This Affect Me?"" and ""What Does God Say?"" sections. An edgy design rounds out this unique package.

My Thoughts: I love this book because it talks about basically everything teenaged boys and girls go through in high school and college. It's great for teens to read because they can get the information they need from this book to use in their daily lives in school and out of school, with boyfriends or girlfriends.

I personally have learned a lot from this book that I had never known before. Like, I didn't know that some girls thought there was no other option but abortion until I read this book.

I read a story about a girl who decided to have an abortion because she was tired of being looked at as a bad person. She had enough kids, she thought. After she went through with it she realized it was wrong and later on she wrote an article about adoption, and she stated she wished she'd known about other options for her.

I thought the devotional was very helpful and gave great information. Each chapter has Scripture about the topic, and it is so inspiring to see and to read. I wish that the publisher would print more copies so that more people could get it and read it.

It is a phenomenal book and it has inspired me to start my own teen girls' Bible study, and to use it as one of my many resources to inspire girls to make right choices.

Phil has a great idea of what teens need to know, and I love that he got others to share their stories and made it so easy to understand the situations he talked about. I wish he would write more books for teens, because I would most definitely read them!

Till then, hold my place for me.

KT

No comments: