Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Hollywood Nobody by Lisa Samson

Photobucket


The Back of the Book:

Scotty Dawn has all the freedom a fifteen-year-old girl could want. As she and her mom, Charley, travel to movie sets for Charley's work, Scotty's allowed to go anywhere and be anything. But there are costs to such a life. Scotty doesn't know who she is, where she comes from, or who to trust. And who is the mysterious man they've been running from? Does he hold the clue to Charley's big secret?

Scotty writes in her Hollywood Nobody blog, and the answers she finds are darker than she had expected. Will she discover who she can trust and finally make sense of her world?

My Thoughts: I think that this the kind of book that will appeal to teens who enjoy reading blogs or instant messaging. Every teen will be interested in Scotty's story. It's the story of a teen girl in Hollywood and how she deals with being a Christian in a non-Christian environment.

It's also about how Scotty deals with her mom and not living a normal life. All in all, I think it's a great book with a great point. Any teen girl would love this book. I personally had a hard time getting into it because of the blogs, but I feel it is definitely worth my time to read.

Lisa Samson is a very good writer and she gets props for making a very good and unique book and how she makes the point that sometimes living the Christian life doesn't always "fit", but how we can make it fit no matter what.

I love Scotty. She has a bubbly personality, and she adds flavor the story that I really like. I plan on reading more about Scotty when it comes out.

Till then, hold my place for me!

KT

No comments: